STIPENDS AND BENEFITS
Effective for new Residents entering the program June 2019 Annual Stipends:
• PGY-1 $51,000
• PGY-2 $55,500
• PGY-3 $57,500
• PGY-4 $59,000
• PGY-5 $59,500
• PGY-6 $60,000
A *relocation allowance of up to $2,000 is given to each PGY-1 categorical resident, and a relocation allowance of up to $1000 is given to each PGY-1 Rotating Intern or Preliminary Resident. (*Relocating receipt must accompany request for reimbursement (receipts must be submitted to GME within 30 days).
Housing, Meals, Uniforms, and Laptops:
• Affordable housing is available throughout Elmira area.
• Meals are furnished at the Arnot Ogden Medical Center cafeteria for residents on night call
• Lunch is available for lectures and conferences held a noontime.
• Each resident is supplied with two white lab coats at start of program.
• Each resident is supplied with a laptop to be used while in program.
Personal Time Off:
• PGY-1 trainees: 3 weeks (15 days)
• PGY-2 through PGY-6: 4 weeks (20 days)
Personal Development Educational Funds:
• PGY-1 Preliminary or Rotating Interns: $300/year
• PGY-1 Categorical & PGY-2: $750/year
• PGY-3 through PGY-6: $1500/year