Frequently Asked Questions
Do incoming residents receive a relocation allowance?
A *relocation allowance of up to $2,000 is given to each incoming PGY-1 categorical resident, and a relocation allowance of up to $1000 is given to each preliminary resident. (*Receipts related to relocation must accompany request for reimbursement.)
How much personal time off do the residents receive?
• Trainees at the PGY-1 level receive three weeks (15 days) off per academic year.
• Trainees at the PGY-2 through PGY-6 levels receive four weeks (20 days) off per academic year.
Do trainees receive personal development educational funds?
• Preliminary PGY-1 interns receive $300/year
• Categorical PGY-1 interns & PGY-2 residents $750/year
• *PGY-3 through 6 Categorical $1500/year
*Personal Development Funds will be increased for Residents in their final year of Residency training at AOMC; they may receive up to an additional $1000 to be used solely for their specialty board exam fees.
What kind of schools are available in the area for trainees with children?
There are many educational platforms for families with children; Public Schools, (private) Catholic Schools, (private) Chemung Valley Montessori School, Finn Academy Charter School, Alternative School for Math & Science for the accelerated learner in Corning NY.
Please contact Graduate Medical Education if you have additional questions not addressed on our website, (607) 442-1713.